2023 Power of Hope Conference
On November 2, 2023, over 350 people convened at North Phoenix Baptist Church (Phoenix, Ariz.) for the 1st annual Power of Hope Conference hosted by Parents of Addicted Loved Ones (PAL). This conference came about because PAL wanted to bring together people from various communities with a personal and/or professional connection to substance use disorder (SUD). It was important that the importance of restoration of our loved ones and their families affected by this disease was highlighted.
This conference was unique in nature because it brought together like-minded individuals and organizations to focus on the drug crisis. By bringing together individuals, parents, business leaders, counselors, treatment centers, social workers, public health leaders and churches, a change was fostered and a network was started on finding solutions for the substance use disorder (SUD) crisis.
There were featured speakers, breakout sessions, interactive activities, evidence-based research, and educational and networking opportunities. Those that attended this conference felt that it was “a truly amazing event.” The speakers not only provided outstanding insight into how our loved ones can and do get better but also how families and our community can make all the difference. A call to action at the end of the event saw people inspired to work together and take the next steps to focus on doing their part. It’s evident that this is just the beginning.
“It was great to reconnect with past collaborative partners and meet future collaborative partners. The program was eye-opening…I learned so much more than I thought I would and I appreciated the information that was made available.” – Conference Attendee
- Make a list of all the resources you learned and promote them on your website, your social media, through your staff, by talking to others – get the information into the hands of those that need it.
- Hand out PAL brochures to help families that are suffering along with their loved ones. Order PAL materials HERE.
- Click HERE to be part of a network of those dedicated to the Power of Hope!
- Shattering Misinformation: Unveiling truths on drug use and empowering action by Crissy Groenwegen
- Parent Action Network Overview One-Pager
- Tips for Visiting for Preparing to Advocate with Legislators
- What Parents Need to Know About Delta 8 and Farm Bill
- Smart Approaches to Marijuana Talking Points
- Alcoholism & Addiction Assistance Association (5A)
- Acadia Healthcare Treatment Placement Specialists
- AZ High Intensity Drug Trafficking Areas – HIDTA
- Aurora Behavioral Health
- Autoglass 2020
- Calvary Healing Center
- Cornerstone Healing Center
- DEA – Phoenix Division
- Embark Behavioral Health
- Governor’s Office of Youth, Faith and Family
- Holdfast Recovery